Family Law is the area of law that deals with Family related issues and domestic relations.
Our family team understands that the breakdown of a relationship is one of the most difficult times for families and we are here to listen. Our calming and reassuring approach to these cases is valued by our clients particularly when the circumstances are particularly sensitive. We aim to help our clients to focus by trying to absorb the tension to make the process as bearable as possible.
There are different ways in which disputes can be resolved and our family team has a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of dispute resolution including mediation, negotiations via solicitors and court proceedings. We look to identify the strengths in our client’s case at the outset and use our knowledge and experience to find solutions in the most cost effective way possible.
Natalie Jones has been with the firm for 8 years. She is an experienced family solicitor and can offer sound advice in all areas of family law. Natalie is assisted by our trainee solicitor, Charlotte Hustwayte, who has a particular interest in helping parents and grandparents to resolve disputes concerning the arrangements for children and also court proceedings for protective orders in cases involving domestic abuse. Debbie Burridge, our litigation assistant, works alongside Natalie and Charlotte and is a reassuring point of contact for all clients.
Our family team specialises in all areas of family law and can assist you with the following:-
- Assisting families through mediation in respect of all family matters.
- Pre-marital agreements setting out what is intended to happen to our client’s money and property if the marriage were to end.
- The breakdown of relationships including divorce and judicial separation.
- Advising clients as to a division of the matrimonial assets on divorce including property, savings, investments, pensions and maintenance for both spouses and children.
- Court proceedings for protective orders in cases involving domestic abuse. These include applications for both Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders. Our family team are all ambassadors for the Women’s Aid ‘Ask Me’ movement. This scheme is intended to break the silence about domestic abuse within communities, increase understanding and remove the barriers that make it hard for survivors to tell others about their experiences. Our primary role as ambassadors is to act as gate openers in terms of help seeking by ensuring people are signposted to the support services available locally.
- Cohabitation agreements for non-married couples to protect their personal assets before moving in with their partner. We also advise non-married couples as to the claims they may be entitled to make following the breakdown of their relationship.
- Arrangements for the children following the breakdown of a relationship to determine with whom a child shall live and with whom they should spend time.
- Child Maintenance agreements.
- Parental Responsibility disputes.
Heringtons is the trading name of Heringtons LLP which is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (registered number OC374843) and which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (registered number 569513). Registered office: Bank Chambers, High Street, Rye. TN31 7JR We use the word “partner” to refer to a member of the LLP and our use of that word does not imply any legal obligation beyond that of a member of the LLP. We use the word “lawyer” to refer to any person providing legal services whether or not he or she is a qualified professional. Our professional indemnity insurers are AmTrust Europe Limited of No 2, Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7BB and the territorial cover of that insurance is worldwide