Dispute Resolution Practice Group Leader
"What could we improve? Nothing. Denise is the best"
Denise has 30 years experience assisting families and extended families whose relationships have broken down. This includes divorce, cohabitation and civil partnerships. She also advises on the problems that can arise after a family member’s death. She works 4 days per week and on Wednesdays her work is covered by our Litigation paralegal, Debbie Burridge.
Denise prides herself in understanding all of the issues and working constructively with all the parties to reach a solution. She is particularly interested in helping to prevent disputes arising, both through pre and post nuptial contracts and cohabitation agreements.
Denise has a thorough knowledge and experience of the issues arising out of self-employment, owner managed companies and pensions.
Where relationships have broken down on the death of a loved one she can advise on the grounds for challenging the validity of a Will, making a claim for provision where someone has been excluded from a Will and various administrative actions where it is necessary to remove a personal representative. She can also advise on testamentary capacity and the Mental Capacity Act 2005, along with disputes over Lasting Powers of Attorney, decision making and deputies. In the difficult area of sham trusts and breach of trust, she prides herself on identifying the points in issue and making it as easy as possible for the client to understand.
She has recently supplemented her knowledge base and experience by training over the last two years with the University of Law. Her tutor, Professor Leslie King has complimented her commenting “Your letters were clear and well expressed and had an excellent “tone”: firm but not aggressive”.
Denise was made an Associate Member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists in December 2016.
Denise prefers a non-confrontational approach and enjoys working with mediators and experienced Counsel. She has experience of acting for clients overseas, both in breakdown of personal relationships and on the death of a family member, and welcomes international enquiries.
Her clients say
- "Any queries I had were answered promptly and the complex issues were clearly explained with options laid out in a comprehensible way. A trying time was made less fraught by being kept up to date with what was happening and with the costs that would be incurred." (M Walker-Hill, May 2017)
- "I just wanted to take this opportunity to say a very big thank you for helping bring about a successful outcome. Thank you for your calm guidance" (January 2017)
- "Outstanding professionalism." (Mrs T Farr, August 2016)
- "Very caring service; going above and beyond at a very difficult time made things less stressful." (August 2016)
- "Excellent service all round" (July 2016)
- "Denise did a wonderful job of making me see sense instead of anger and upset. Can't thank her enough." (Mr N Fellows, May 2016)
- Thank you seems so inadequate. I am so grateful to you for your support, expertise and knowledge and for keeping me calm." (May 2016)
- "Thank you for your support during a very traumatic time." (May 2016)
Heringtons is the trading name of Heringtons LLP which is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (registered number OC374843) and which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (registered number 569513). Registered office: Bank Chambers, High Street, Rye. TN31 7JR Our professional indemnity insurers are AmTrust Europe Limited of No 2, Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7BB and the territorial cover of that insurance is worldwide