Partner, Chartered Legal Executive and STEP affiliate
Liz works from our Rye office in our Private Client Department. She specialises in estate administration, Will drafting, powers of attorney, trusts, taxation and Court of Protection work.
Liz is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx), having been admitted 2004. Liz is always keen to develop her skills and has taken a number of in depth examinations with the highly regarded Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP), most recently obtaining a distinction in the STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation (England and Wales) said to be “a specialist course that is both practical and underpinned by academic rigour”.
She also holds the STEP Certificate in Trusts and Estates (England and Wales) and is an Affiliate Member of STEP
Liz has a particular interest in estate administration, or in layman’s terms, probate matters. She draws from her own personal experience of loss coupled with her specialist knowledge to provide an holistic practice in this complex area. Her aim is to provide an excellent service in an approachable and practical way.
Liz is also member of STEP Sussex and takes an interest in the CILEx Kent & East Sussex Branch.
Liz promoted to Partner in April 2018 and is the firm's first Legal Executive to have received this promotion.
Away from work, Liz is a busy mum of two but still makes time to serve as Vice-Chair of the Board of Governors for a local rural Christian Primary School. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, journaling, sewing, modern quilting and country walks.
Liz's clients say of her:
- "A big thanks personally to Liz for dealing with the probate so efficiently." (Mr T Newman)
- "I was supported by Liz to renew my will and I found her to be helpful, patient and professional. Making a will is very thought provoking and Liz helped me to make balanced choices and was really good at explaining the pros and cons of any decisions I put to her. Although professional at all times she was also sensitive and had lots of empathy. I felt I was guided by her very well." (Ms R Elliott)
- "Liz was very helpful and incredibly professional, with a lovely personality to match." (Mrs N Histed)
- "Excellent throughout and Liz was so easy to talk to and completely understood my requirements. The overall cost was also excellent value - thank you!" (Mr R Martin)
- "Mrs Nevey was perfect for my business."
- "An excellent, personalised and very friendly but professional service."
- "A friendly, efficient and professional service. Exactly what one wants in a solicitor." (A Franklin)
- "Excellent throughout, made me feel at ease and comfortable in a matter I have never dealt with before. Explained everything in terms I could understand." (J Gibbs-Carter)
- "I found everyonevery efficient and helpful" (K Wood)
- "I was very happy with the service I received from Liz Nevey and from the reception staff. It was easy to make an appointment time to suit me. Everything that I needed to know about making my will and options were explained very well and I felt confident that all was done well. All in all the service was prompt and well managed."(M Walker-Hill)
Heringtons is the trading name of Heringtons LLP which is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (registered number OC374843) and which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (registered number 569513). Registered office: Bank Chambers, High Street, Rye. TN31 7JR Our professional indemnity insurers are AmTrust Europe Limited of No 2, Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7BB and the territorial cover of that insurance is worldwide