Associate Partner and Notary Public
James works from our Bexhill office in our Private Client Department. He specialises in will drafting, estate administration, powers of attorney, trusts, taxation and Court of Protection work.
James is also a Notary Public undertaking all types of notarial work.
He trained with Menneer Shuttleworth, quickly becoming a salaried partner. Menneer Shuttleworth merged with Heringtons in 2014 and James was appointed as an associate partner in April 2016.
James is a member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP), an associate member of Solicitors for the Elderly, and a member of the Law Society Private Client Section. James has a particular interest in trust work and taxation and is always looking to broaden his experience in these areas. He is a trustee of several trusts, regularly administers estates as executor, and acts as attorney and deputy for his clients.
He has an excellent reputation in the Bexhill area and comes highly recommended by professional advisers.
Jeremy Over of Spectrum FS: "James has been so helpful and professional in advising my clients over the past few years. He has the ability to display a wealth of knowledge and give guidance in a clear and concise way that clients find so reassuring.I have no hesitation in recommending him."
John Atkinson of John Atkinson Financial: "I have been associated with James through my firm for over 5 years. He is one of the best private client lawyers I have worked with in over 30 years in the legal profession. His technical skills are of the highest order and he has a first-class client manner."
Most of James's (vanishingly small) spare time is dedicated to improving his marathon running personal best. He ran a perrsonal best of 2hrs 33 mins in the 2016 Amsterdam Marathon. His goal is to go sub 2hrs 30 mins. We know he will do this!
James' clients say of him:
- "Thank you James for your excellent service. You have appreciated the need to provide an old fashioned style of politeness, respect and friendliness." (September 2017)
- "With many thanks to James for his invaluable help." (Y.L.C., August 2017)
- "I have always received great help from Mr Mountford." (July 2017)
- "I coudn't have coped with my mother's financial affairs without the efficiency of all staff at Heringtons. All work dealt with in a friendly supportive manner and completed quickly and efficiently." (June 2017)
- "I would like to thank you for the excellent service and efficiency you provide. Your advice and help has been most appreciated. I have no hesitation in recommending you and using your firm for all my legal needs in the future. As an individual James I would like to offer my highest recommendation to Heringtons for the professionalism you display." (Mr B Auguste, June 2017)
- "Excellent service, very pleased and would recommend." (May 2017)
- "We're very pleased to have the advice and help of James Mountford and his staff." (February 2017)
- "Very happy with the service provided by James Mountford. He was polite and very professional. Would recommend Heringtons." (Ms F Hayward, February 2017)
- "Excellent in every way and most trustworthy." (M Costanzo, July 2016)
- "I would like to thank you very sincerely for all your help and kindness. You have always been a friendly guide to steer us through this business and give us good advice. We would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU!" (S Clark, June 2016)
Heringtons is the trading name of Heringtons LLP which is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (registered number OC374843) and which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (registered number 569513). Registered office: Bank Chambers, High Street, Rye. TN31 7JR Our professional indemnity insurers are AmTrust Europe Limited of No 2, Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7BB and the territorial cover of that insurance is worldwide