I have seven years experience working at Heringtons and specialise in family law. I advise clients in connection with all matters arising from the breakdown of a relationship including how their money and property should be divided and the arrangements for their children. Both colleagues and clients say that I am a good listener and have a calming and reassuring manner which clients value in often very sensitive circumstances. I help clients to focus by absorbing the tension and making these difficult situations more bearable.
I am determined to get the best result for my clients and look to identify the strengths in their case at the outset. I use my knowledge and experience to find solutions and, wherever possible, I will try to resolve disputes by discussion and agreement in order to minimise expense. If this is not possible, I will represent clients in fully contested court proceedings and argue their case with determination. Whether in negotiations or court work, I pride myself on being organised and attentive to ensure that work is dealt with promptly. I work closely with our firm’s trainee solicitor, Charlotte Hustwayte, and together we are able to devote time to researching more complex and unusual matters for our clients.
My areas of work include:-
- Assisting families through mediation in respect of all family matters.
- Pre-marital agreements setting out what is intended to happen to my client’s money and property if the marriage were to end.
- Divorce proceedings.
- Advising clients as to a division of the matrimonial assets on divorce including property, savings, investments, pensions and maintenance for both spouses and children.
- Arrangements for children including with whom they should live and spend time. My clients include parents, step-parents and grandparents. I recently helped a father secure contact with his new born son and helped a mother to recover care of her children overturning the interim order which had been made in the father’s favour.
- Court proceedings for protective orders in cases involving domestic abuse. I am an ambassador for the Women’s Aid ‘Ask Me’ movement. This scheme is intended to break the silence about domestic abuse within communities, increase understanding and remove the barriers that make it hard for survivors to tell others about their experiences. My primary role as an ambassador is to act as a gate opener in terms of help seeking by ensuring people are signposted to the support services available locally.
- Cohabitation agreements for non-married couples to protect their personal assets before moving in with their partner. I also advise non-married couples as to the claims they may be entitled to make following the breakdown of their relationship.
- International cases. I have experience acting for clients who live abroad and have assets in the UK. I also have experience acting for clients who reside in the UK and have assets abroad. I recently represented a client in the High Court in connection with an application for a Freezing Order in respect of property in Germany after an overseas divorce.
Natalie's clients say of her:
- "Thank you for your help and support and for considering me not only as a client but as a person as well."
- "Thank you and your team for all your efforts on my behalf. " (D Richards)
- "I cannot thank Natalie Jones and her team enough. During a very emotional and stressful time I was given an extremely professional service which was supportive and personable. This was seen through to completion with an outcome that surpassed my expectations." (M Day)
- "Natalie kept me well informed and up to date on all matters about the case and advised me very well."
- "I would just like to thank Natalie Jones for all her help." (J Gibbs-Carter)
- "Very happy with Natalie's advice and professionalism." (F Iorio)
- "Cool, calm and collected are words that best describe Natalie. Natalie provided the right advice which helped to inform my decision making. When faced with dfficult and emotional dilemmas one could easily make decisions that wouldn't necessarily benefit either party long term. Natalie ensured that my divorce could be finalised in the shortest possible time and her kind and caring attitude was a great restorative."
- "It has been a great help to have my matter dealt with in such an efficient and sympathetic manner. I would have no hesitation in recommending your services. Many, many thanks to Natalie and her lovely team for their hard work with my case." (Roxana)
- "Would like to say how good Natalie Jones was dealing with my divorce and getting things sorted very quickly. Wouldn't hesitate in recommending to family or friends." (R Norris)
Heringtons is the trading name of Heringtons LLP which is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (registered number OC374843) and which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (registered number 569513). Registered office: Bank Chambers, High Street, Rye. TN31 7JR Our professional indemnity insurers are AmTrust Europe Limited of No 2, Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7BB and the territorial cover of that insurance is worldwide