"friendly helpful manner coupled to an efficient and proactive work ethic"
After obtaining a First Class Honours Law Degree and a Distinction in the Legal Practice Course, Nikki qualified as a Solicitor in September 2009. Nikki became an Associate Partner in 2015.
Nikki's main interest lies in Landlord and Tenant law. This includes possession/ forfeiture proceedings, service charge disputes, advising on maintenance and repairing obligations (including disrepair claims), matters regarding breach of covenant, collective enfranchisement and lease extensions.
Nikki is conscientious and dedicated to her area of law. Nikki's main priority is to obtain the best possible results for her clients whilst delivering an excellent service.
Nikki is originally from Hastings and is keen to promote young lawyers in the area and is therefore a member of the Hastings and District Law Society. Nikki is also keen on assisting local charities and formerly provided pro-bono advice to the Hastings and Rother Multiple Sclerosis Society. Nikki still offers her services to the local Citizens Advice Bureau by attending their clinic on a rota basis to provide free legal advice.
Outside of work, Nikki enjoys spending all of her spare time with her young family. As an avid football fan, she occasionally has the opportunity to watch her team in action!
- "Heringtons helped my wife and I tremendously in providing legal advice plus help throughout a difficult situation, we cannot thank them enough." (L & R Booth)
- "I found Nikki very kind and courteous but very professional at the same time. She kept me well informed at all times as to the progress of my case. If Nikki did not know the correct way to proceed with something, or the answer to one of my many questions, she sought advice from others in your firm before proceeding. In turn making sure I had the best possible advice and information. I will be very happy to have Nikki represent me in the future, and I would and have recommended your firm, and Nikki, to others for any legal matters they may have."
- "I would like to thank you for all your hard work and persistence in dealing with this case. I appreciate the fact that you worked tirelessly, maintaining a fair and professional manner and I could not have wished for a better outcome." (M Ravisse)
- "Nikki Coward has given excellent service to my company; she was able to comprehend the most difficult technical work and at the same time foresee concealed pitfalls in respondents submissions and negotiate a good result from a high profile London legal firm. Well done!" (G Black)
- I would like to thank you very much for the excellent service you gave. From the outset, you explained the situation to me and mapped out how you thought things would/could go and the implications for us. When I needed advice and a bit of boosting you were there, on top of the brief, as well as clear and straightforward with your advice. You came very close to making the whole mess an utter delight!" (D Rangecroft)
- You guided me through the procedural minefield and patiently answered many questions with great aplomb, patience and charm. As well as having a grasp of legal complexities and options and likelihoods, you could relate them to a client's perspective, and that was greatly appreciated." (B McGinley)
- "[thank you for] letting me know the result of the recent hearing and what a result it was!!! I would like to thank you for all your hard work over the last two years. From the initial meeting with you I had every faith in your ability to bring the issue to a favourable and just outcome..., what I did not appreciate at the time was that we would have such excellent advice and support throughout the two years not to mention your tenacity and determination in dealing with our freeholder without which I think we may have thought twice about continuing. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who has property and freeholder issues, thanks again" (L Barden)
- We felt very confident in your ability - and came away feeling stronger knowing there are people like yourself to fight for us." (Mr & Mrs Stace)
Heringtons is the trading name of Heringtons LLP which is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (registered number OC374843) and which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (registered number 569513). Registered office: Bank Chambers, High Street, Rye. TN31 7JR We use the word “partner” to refer to a member of the LLP and our use of that word does not imply any legal obligation beyond that of a member of the LLP. We use the word “lawyer” to refer to any person providing legal services whether or not he or she is a qualified professional. Our professional indemnity insurers are AmTrust Europe Limited of No 2, Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7BB and the territorial cover of that insurance is worldwide